- Getting and Staying Focused – Are You Going to Do This All By Yourself? March 17, 2018
- Yes, there is a free Thursday Night Workshop on 3-1-18 March 1, 2018
- When you can remember your past life skills… February 22, 2018
- SRT Workshop – Remove Stuck Flows and Antagonism From Your Life – Tonight at 7pm EST February 8, 2018
- Thursday Night Free Workshop – recognizing stuck flows and handling them February 1, 2018
Tag Archives: sweatshop
In the 21st century, you can easily put in a grueling 10 hour work day without ever leaving your home. Sometimes the biggest problem is pacing yourself. You can get involved in solving a knotty design problem and work non-stop for hours on end. Interruptions are few and they come mostly from four-footed members of the family who are checking if its time to be fed again.
The availability of fresh air and sunshine does wonders for my peace of mind and my morale. Under these conditions I am able to produce more work for my clients now than I ever could in a cubicle farm or even in my own private corporate office.
At the same time, I can find time to have coffee with friends or clients on a moments notice, if I want to.
I make sure that I spend at least 20% of my time marketing my services or thinking up new services to exchange for income. The absence of forced commuting gives me two to three hours of extra time every day for work, study or relaxation.
As a self-employed entrepreneur, I have no corporate safety net, no corporate insurance, but I don’t have layers of inert or timid management to placate either.
When I was employed, even though I considered myself a top performer in
my particular area, I worried constantly about corporate changes that
would result in loss of income. The biggest discovery on leaving the
corporate world was realizing how illusory the corporate safety