- Patricia Krenik on Spiritual Rescue Technology Axioms Revised And Extended
- David on Formation Of A Spiritual Rescue Technology Power Users Group
- Joe on Working With Spirits – Is This Going To Be A Five Volume Set?
- Hans on Spiritual Rescue Technology Is A Tool For Changing Your Existence
- Hans Burch on THERE ARE SPIRITUAL TRAPS FOR US THAT NEED BIGGER WARNING SIGNS
- A Free Spiritual Healing Session For Each Of These Ten Problem Areas March 20, 2023
- Big Changes Are Occurring In SRT – We Have More Sources Of Data Now March 13, 2023
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has a powerful message for those who have gone down a path of hate March 10, 2023
- Let Us Expand Our Understanding Of Non-Binary People March 7, 2023
- There Is A New Game Available For Retired Dianetic and Scientology Auditors March 5, 2023
Tag Archives: wood stove
It’s not too late to consult a chimney sweep
We are fortunate to know Rick Eanes, of Eanes Chimney Sweep and he is the reason we sleep easy at night. He came by a few days ago and completely dismantled our Dutchwest Wood Stove to find out why it was not drawing properly when the damper was closed. Continue reading
Posted in Country Living Tagged chimney fire, chimney sweep, peace of mind, wood stove Leave a comment
The “Fires of Spring”
When the ancient Persian poet* wrote: "Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire of Spring The Winter Garment of Repentance fling", I don't think he had in mind our Floyd Spring which requires a different kind of fire these … Continue reading
Posted in Country Living Tagged fires of spring, Floyd Virginia, Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, wood stove Leave a comment
Early morning thoughts about life in Floyd
The small hours of the morning are a good time to reflect on how lucky we are to have arrived here in this community. I am on the computer as usual while Gretchen and assorted cats sleep soundly. We are … Continue reading
Posted in Country Living, Doing What You Love, Floyd Artisans/Craftspeople Tagged custom framing business, firewood, Floyd Virginia, home-based businesses, innovative business people, investment money, no future to offer their children, professional expansion, sustainable economic development, wood stove Leave a comment
We Appreciate Simple Pleasures in Hard Times
It's 18 degrees outside and the wind is picking up, so the chill factor is probably 8 degrees. The weather in Floyd today is brisk.
Fortunately, we decided a long time ago that we would install one of those new-fangled wood burning stoves with an outside air feed. Our medium-sized wood stove keeps our 1650 sq ft house comfortably warm with no other heat sources except for tiny bathroom heaters in the remote ends of the house.
Our 3 1/2 acre property supplies enough oak firewood that we do not expect to need any other fuel source for the next four years. Our winter fuel costs include chainsaw parts, gasoline, and bar oil but not much more.
Posted in Country Living, Simpler Lifestyle Tagged Floyd Va, oak firewood, wood stove Leave a comment